Registration will be open until 9:00pm(ET) on September 30th. I will send out assignments as soon as I can after that, and packages will need to be sent no later than October 31st.
Items of note:
- Remember to go to the registry post (this is NOT the same information you send me for registration) and leave your answers in the comments (or email your answers to me, if you'd prefer). If you have previously left a comment answering the registry questions and your answers have changed, leave a new comment, and delete your old comment, or email me, and I will delete your old comment.
- In order to help your person get to know you even better, either google "getting to know you questions" or go to one of these sites (which I found when I googled), copy the questions, and put your answers either in a blog post (or two or three...), or email the questions and answers to me, and I will forward them on to your person.
- If you want to SEND a box (either to someone specific or someone random) anonymously (er, anonymously to THEM; *I* will still need some information from you to make sure that you are somebody *I* would be comfortable giving *my* personal information to if situations were reversed!) and not RECEIVE a box, email me, and I will be able to arrange that for you.
- If you do a blog post about the box you receive, send me a link, and I'll add it to the Other Examples of CDP post.
- If you want to be anonymous if your recipient does a blog post about the package you sent, let the recipient of your box know that!
If you would still like to participate after reading all of this, email me, by 9:00pm (Eastern Time) September 30th at: stilldoingmybest (at) gmail (dot) com.
In your email, copy, paste, and answer these questions (if you've signed up recently and none of your information has changed, just let me know what your sending and receiving preferences are):
- If this is your first time signing up, how did you find out about this exchange? (Since I will be giving out personal information, I want to make sure I know you or someone I know knows you so we can keep this safe!)
- What is your internet name, (real) name and address? (This information will only be used for CDP purposes!)
- If you have social media accounts (blog, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Goodreads, etc...), please list the pertinent information so I can pass it on to your person. (These can be a good source of inspiration for presents!)
- Is there anything important about you that I should tell the person who gets your name? (Life-threatening allergies, need for anonymity, etc...)
- Is there anyone you WANT to send a package to? (List people in order of preference, and I will see what I can do! If the person hasn't signed up, I will be happy to send her a no-pressure email, telling her she's been requested and inviting her to join!)
- Is there anyone you DON'T want to send a package to? (For example, perhaps you've already sent a certain person a CDP outside of these exchanges and want somebody new to
stalkget to know?)
- Do you want to be assigned...
- A person you already know? (I tend to guess about who knows who based on blog and Twitter comments, but feel free to enlighten me if you do have a preference =)!)
- Someone you don't know?
- No preference?
- Do you want me to assign your name to...
- Someone you already know?
- Someone you don't know?
- No preference?
- Is there anyone who has joined the registry that you do NOT want to have your address?
- Are you willing to send a package to Canada or the United Kingdom (It appears to cost around $45 to send a flat-rate package to either of these places from the USA, unless you can keep your package under 4 pounds, and then it's more in the $20 (Canada)-$30 (UK) range.)?
I will send an email to you as soon as I can after September 30th with the information for your person.
Please send your package no later than October 31st.
I think that is everything important, but let me know if you still have questions that I have not answered, and I will edit this post with your questions and my answers.
What Are Crappy Day Presents
The Rules for the Opening of Crappy Day Presents
The Master List for the Exch*nges
Ideas for Crappy Day Presents