- What is your favorite season?
- Winter--I love the SILENCE! The lack of chirping or buzzing noises, the cool temperatures after the hot, miserable summer, the beautiful white of the snow (if we are lucky enough to have any!)
- Also Spring--I like the sunshine after the winter darkness, the pleasant temperatures, and the daffodils, tulips, crocus, and other spring flowers.
- What is your favorite treat?
- Fresh peas, right out of the pod, but since those are so hard to find....
- Currently Ben and Jerry's Mint Chocolate Cookie ice cream for really
Crappyspecial occasions, milk chocolate (Kisses, Peanut Butter Cups, Tw!x, etc.) for general medicinal purposesmore regular consumption
- What is your favorite scent?
- My favorite scent changes. I've liked lilac, strawberry, honey, vanilla; generally the sweet scents. My current favorite is coconut.
- What is your favorite
ice creamcoping mechanism?
- My favorite coping mechanism used to be reading, but I prefer to read a book in one sitting and that hasn't been possible for quite some time. Also, I find it harder and harder to come back from
pleasantbook-world, where everything gets worked out in the few hours it takes me to read the book, to difficultreality, where so much is unstable and unknown. These days, I use crocheting for general sanity purposes, cross-stitching sometimes, and ice cream for the more severe occasions.
- What do you like to do in your free
- HA ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! *wiping tears of mirth that sprang to my eyes at the seemingly-impossible thought of having "free moments"* What was the question again?
- What do you not enjoy doing, and why, but have to do anyway?
- I DETEST planning dinner because, no matter what I do (SERIOUSLY! Even if I order pizza, at least one person will make a disparaging comment about which place I ordered it from!) at least one person, if not three or four, will complain about some aspect of the meal.
- I also detest trying to match the socks in the clean laundry.
I have a laundry-hanging thing with 16 or so clips on it where I keep lone socksNow I have 2 awesome "Free Dobby" sock hangers, and they are ALWAYS full. I try to be careful and wise with money, but I am often SORELY tempted to throw/give away ALL OF THE SOCKS, and start over with the same kind of socks for each size.
|Lately there have been so many lone-socks, I've had to lay some across the top!|
- Well, if I could get past the temptation to buy new socks for the entire family...I guess it would depend on how much money.
- If it was a MAJOR amount of money, I would buy a bigger house so that every child could have their OWN space (thereby enabling me to send grumpy people to their rooms without hearing them pick a fight with the other person who resides in that room--PEACE AND QUIET for ME) and a housekeeper to be in charge of meals, getting the children to do their chores, taking children to appointments, and taking care of the general cleaning. (How nice would that be if my only job was to teach and deal with the children?!)
- If it was A LOT of money, I would buy my husband a decent car! (I know this doesn't SEEM frivolous, but since his current car
usuallyworks, it seems like it would be frivolous to replace a working vehicle and it would be SUCH FUN for me to surprise him with it!)
- If it was a MODERATE amount of money, I think I would like to have a supply of gift cards from various places (Amazon, Pizza Hut/Papa John's/Domino's, Joann's) to spend whenever I wanted!
- If it was a SMALL amount of money, I would buy as many fresh peas as I could find (YUMMY!), yarn, CDP supplies (because it makes me happy to send someone a package full of CDPs!), yarn, some of my favorite books in ebook format (I prefer actual books, but ebooks are more portable for vacation purposes), or yarn.
- Is there something that you REALLY, REALLY like? (Burt's Bees, horses, cats, fairies, unicorns, birds, patriotic stuff, babies, chocolate, Diet Coke, etc....)
- Yarn, pretty crochet hooks, babies, chocolate, H@rry P0tter, and M@ry Engelbre!t stuff
- What is the VERY! BEST! present you have ever received and why was it the best?
- My favorite presents have been those that showed that somebody cared enough to notice what I like/want without me having to say, "I would like you to get me _____."
- One example that comes to mind: The first night of our honeymoon, when we arrived at the Bed and Breakfast, at the foot of the bed, in the champagne bucket full of ice, was a carton of Ben and Jerry's Mint Chocolate Cookie; smart man =)!