Sunday, May 22, 2011

What Two Boys Can Do To a REALLY NICE Bedroom...

For Ian's birthday one year (8th? 9th?), I gave his room a "makeover" (He really liked the show "Extreme H0me M@ke0ver".).  (One of his brothers was moved into the room with him not long after.)  I got him out of the house for two days and did it without him knowing =)!  I took pictures because I would have bet money had a sneaking suspicion that his room wouldn't stay spotless and organized and SOOTHING TO LOOK AT for long.  Here are the before-he-was-allowed-into-the-room pictures:
Note:  He has a bedroom door in this picture.  Not long after his brother moved in this room with him, I had my husband take the door off because CERTAIN PEOPLE thought it was OK to be nasty to each other behind closed doors.  That was over 2 years ago and they still haven't gotten their door back.  Some people are SLOW LEARNERS...

The organization!

The beds neatly made!

Everything in its place!!


Sigh.  It was so beautiful.  Now, BRACE YOURSELF! 













Here is what it looked like tonight:
Oh, the mess!  The destruction!

SERIOUSLY?!  We haven't learned by now to PUT TRASH IN THE GARBAGE AND NOT ON THE FLOOR OR WHEREVER IT LANDS WHEN IT FALLS FROM OUR FINGERS?!  Ahem.

4 comments:

Swistle said...

I am so happy and relieved to see that your boys' bedroom looks like my boys' bedroom.

Doing My Best said...

Likewise! I was afraid that SURELY other people must have figured out a solution to this problem by now! It's nice to know I'm not alone =).

Misty said...

Ha! I love the "real" pictures. Yes! Solidarity! Sisterhood! No one else's house looks like Martha Stewart Living!

And I am still trying to teach my HUSBAND to put trash in the trash and not where the falls from the fingers. So keep at those boys. Their partners will thank you for it.

Doing My Best said...

I just hope their wives don't ruin them after all of my hard work trying to beat them into shape ;-)!