Friday, June 17, 2011

Strawberries with Chocolate...or should it be Chocolate with Strawberries?

Today was another one of THOSE days seemed like a good day for some chocolate!  I try to be polite healthy, so instead of eating it out of the pan with my fingers I thought I would combine my chocolate with some fresh strawberries.

First:
In a saucepan, combine 1/2 Cup of butter, 2 Tablespoons (or more, depending on how bad of a day it was...I used 1/3 of a Cup tonight) of unsweetened cocoa powder, and 1/4 Cup of milk.  Heat to boiling, stirring constantly, or, you know, frequently.  Turn off heat and add 3 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar (whisk this in slowly if you don't want it to be lumpy, but dump it in and stir quickly if you are trying to SAVE LIVES!) and 1 Teaspoon Vanilla.  Mix well.
This is what it looks like when it's done if you opted for the "In the interest of saving the lives of those around me, I am dumping the powdered sugar in and mixing as fast as I can" method.  Lumpy, but STILL CHOCOLATE!
Then, to give anyone who may be interested a CLEAR idea of what to expect, take pictures to illustrate the finished project further.  The pictures must be EXCELLENT, so take LOTS of them, JUST TO BE SURE you are correctly representing the deliciousness.

Oops!  There's a lump of powdered sugar on that one...better lick it off and try again....
Hmmm, that kind of looks like I'm flipping someone off....better lick it off and try again....
Well, that one looks OK, but maybe I should demonstrate the polite way of getting the chocolate in your mouth proper way of dipping a strawberry in the chocolate, JUST IN CASE there is somebody out there who doesn't know how!  (This is all about HELPING OTHERS, so sacrifices must be made!)  Better lick it off and try again.....
Hmmm, not quite sure if that strawberry is in focus....better take a bite before the chocolate drips off and makes a mess and try again....
Well, hopefully this is good enough because I think I'm about to go into a sugar coma.  (HOWEVER!  The people around me don't seem as loud obnoxious rambunctious irritating bothersome as they were a few minutes ago!)  As you were.
*Note:  this makes a lot of chocolate, but you can keep what you can't eat because you're in a sugar coma what's left in the refrigerator.  To make it dipping consistency again, microwave it for 15-30 seconds and stir.  Keep microwaving and stirring until it is the consistency you want. 
*CAUTION:  For SAFETY PURPOSES, make sure your chocolate does not have an extended stay in your refrigerator.  We wouldn't want you to get sick from chocolate that has gone bad--better safe than sorry ;-)!

1 comment:

twisterfish said...

Strawberries and chocolate are my favorite combination EVER!