Saturday, November 21, 2015

Let Me Take Your Order

Sometimes, it's pretty cool to be living in the future. Like when your friend is having a crappy day, and you wish you could bring her a plate of freshly baked goodies, but you can't because she lives too far away, but then you remember that you live in the future and you have CHOICES!

2-topping medium pizza, stuffed cheesy bread, wings, oven-baked sandwich, pasta, or marbled cookie brownie for $5.99 each when you order 2 or more! (I also HIGHLY recommend the parmesan bread bites (scroll down)!) This is a nice variety of sweet and savory treats!

Maybe this is a chocolate emergency; there are chocolate lava crunch cakes! Or Hot Chocolate Brownie (not sure how long this one will be available), Triple Chocolate Brownie, Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie, or Chocolate Dunkers!

If Domino's or Pizza Hut don't deliver to your friend, maybe Papa John's does! Cinnamon Knots, Chocolate Chip Cookie, or Double Chocolate Chip Brownie! Mmmmm, those Garlic Knots, Garlic Parmesan Breadsticks, and Cheesesticks look very yummy as well!

I always figure that if I'm ALREADY ordering something, I might as well make it worth the delivery charge, and, with the places linked to above, it's very easy to add a pizza to your order too! But how do you know what someone likes on their pizza? Is there a universally accepted pizza topping? WHAT IF I ORDERED THE WRONG TOPPING AND RUINED IT FOR HER?! We need to collect some data in the comments.

Hmm, I think the pizza restaurants have us covered pretty well with a variety of delicious options, but Jimmy John's (mostly sandwiches, chips, raisin oatmeal cookie, chocolate chunk cookie) also delivers in some places.

If you aren't sure what is available in your friend's area, you can try GrubHub ("Order Food Delivery Online from Local Restaurants") or Seamless. If you aren't a pizza and baked goods person, what else is there would you like?

If someone wanted to send YOU yummy food to brighten your day, what could they send? Leave your answer in the comments, with a name so people know who you are, and feel free to email me to make sure I have your current address, in case anyone (that I know) should ask me =)! Bookmark this post so you can refer to it later if there's someone you want to send food to; if you're really lucky, she will have left a comment!

I'll go first, so nobody has to feel awkward about being the first to speak up. My VERY FAVORITE pizza is Pizza Hut's deep dish, Meat Lovers with black olives because that was the pizza I ate in the delivery room right after Jeffrey was born, and nothing has ever tasted so good in my entire life! For Domino's $5.99 special, I usually get ham and black olives. I also LOVE their parmesan bread bites, and their Cinna Stix with the frosting for dipping are the best I've tried, although I can't remember which other brand I tried that I didn't like as well, and it looks like Papa John's Cinnamon Knots might be good too. That Hot Chocolate Brownie (BROWNIE!! TOPPED WITH TOASTED MARSHMALLOWS!! AND DRIZZLED WITH CHOCOLATE SYRUP!!) looks like it might fix whatever ails you as long as you aren't allergic to sugar! I...really don't know what other food a person could order and send here because I don't order food for delivery very often. I know that some Chinese restaurants deliver, but I had a bad experience with fried rice some time ago that I still haven't gotten over, so that's out for me.

Your turn! What would you like, and are there any other delivery places I don't know about that we would find useful?

26 comments:

Bethany said...

I prefer Domino's if we're picking between the pizza chains. But my town is pretty small, and I think the only non-pizza place that delivers is a Jamba lookalike called Booster Juice.
And maybe one of the Subways delivers. Huh. Now you've got me wishing that our local fudge shop delivers... I love me some chocolate praline fudge!

Bethany said...

And I never know what to pick at places. I grew up only going to restaurants very rarely so my exposure is limited. But you can never go wrong with chocolate!

Bethany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
craftyashley said...

I will eat anything short of sardines! Let the picky people in my house feel the true unfortunateness of their crazy preferences.

Bethany said...

My perfect pizza includes pepperoni, tomatoes, bell peppers, and olives on a traditional crust. But I love everything except Italian sausage. I pick that off and feed it to the baby or my husband.

Bethany said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hmmm. I love Lou Malnati's gluten-free pizza with green peppers and onions. Or Jimmy John's unwich #4 w/o mayo. I WISH we had a chocolate or ice cream delivery service near here!

EmilysHollow said...

Ohhhhh. I love pepperoni and pineapple, or pepperoni and olives (black or GREEN but so few places have green olives). Mushroom and sausage. I also do love a good veggie pizza. Mmmmm. Now I want pizza.

Anonymous said...

When ordering for someone else I'd likely be paralyzed with fear over getting the wrong toppings, so I'd probably just order plain cheese along with breadsticks and a dessert.

I really like an odd combo - fresh tomatoes and pineapple. No meat. Although I also love a good 5-cheese pizza.

Another suggestion is to look in the city of the person for other meal delivery services if GrubHub isn't available. We have Deliver Me Food here and a new business just opened called Mod Meals (several local chefs have created meals for this service and the menu changes every few days - and you can add a BOTTLE OF WINE to the delivery!).

Also - if you see someone post on IG or twitter a bunch about a favorite restaurant, I've had luck calling the restaurant directly and asking about delivery. A lot of times they can arrange something for you (just don't call at peak times)

Marcy said...

All of the above, please. :) I like tomatoes and mushrooms on my pizza, or just pepperoni. Cheesy stuffed crust, mmm, haven't had that in a while... I like Pizza Hut's cinnamon sticks the best, but all the chocolate things I've tried from Domino's -- we just got the cookie brownie ones tonight, but the chocolate chip cookie things are good too, and definitely the lava cakes! And we get the parmesan bites every time. Haven't tried the hot chocolate brownie yet... Very open to trying new treats. :)

We have Jimmy John's close-ish to us, they probably deliver here, though haven't tried that yet. I like the tuna sandwich with... I forget what I've done. Lettuce, maybe tomato or cucumbers? Or just tuna! And hey! If it were delivered to my home I could toast it! (Sadly, they do not toast.)

Marcy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Audrey said...

I like meat on my pizza and gooey chocolate treats, but my true love language is fried mozzarella sticks. If anyone delivers those, I probably shouldn't know about it because I'd be ordering them daily.

Doing My Best said...

Marcy also says: "Oh! And we recently got an ad in the mail for Godfathers Pizza, caramel monkey bread. I don't know if they're any good, but the picture in the ad looks AMAZING."

Jessica said...

Pass me the chocolate everything. Especially because they're baked goods - chocolate bars are fine, but meh. What I really want is flour with my chocolate.

As for pizza, my favorite is sausage and mushrooms. OR! Actually, I forgot my favorite is the Papa John's chicken tomato spinach alfredo pizza. We used to get that all the time.

I also love Jimmy John's #4 with salt and vinegar chips.

We love Olive Garden to go, too. They don't deliver, but they're really close so I don't mind picking up.

Lisa (@PixelatedMama) said...

I love Pizza Hut. And ours finally started delivering! The delivery drivers might know us too well :)

We also have a service called GrubSouth that goes around to participating restaurants and picks up takeout. Some very lovely people ordered me some queso and cupcakes when I was having a Very Bad Day and it was the best thing.

Saly said...

We don't have any of the chains that deliver here, unfortunately. We do have pizza hut with convenient online ordering, and they have a drive thru window but no delivery. Tons of small local pizza options though. My family is super boring and only eats plain cheese or cheese & pepperoni. There is a place here called Just Pizza who has an amazing steak pizza with peppers and onions. So so delicious. And I'd pay big money for any place that delivers dessert. Anything without nuts, that is.

Anonymous said...

Anne/AnnabelleSpeaks: Pizza Hut sausage or bacon pizza with light/less cheese if that is an option. Hand tossed crust. But my real food love language is breadsticks (regular, no flavor), and desserts (cinnamon sticks or the hot chocolate brownie or the triple chocolate brownie). I am all about the sides/bread.

Senzavalore said...

Senzavalore: Pizza hut, pan crustb with easy sauce, cheese and bacon. I LOVE their cheese sticks, and cinnamon sticks! We also have a local place that does a barbeque chicken pizza, and OMG it is AMAZING.

Anonymous said...

The only place I know of that delivers to me is Papa John's. I think their brownies look great and I'd happily try to chocolate chip cookies and the cinnamon knots.

For savory stuff, we like all types of veggie toppings, but typically get mushrooms, onions, and banana peppers. The cheese sticks and breadsticks are good, too!

I wish we had more delivery options!

Mommabird2345 said...

I love anything sweet or chocolate. Brownies, cookies, candy, etc.

As far as pizza goes, Dominos thin crust pepperoni pizza is good.

But really, I don't think I'd turn away any food delivery. :)

Miriel said...

Pineapple + pepperoni 4 lyfe! And brownies. We have a Papa John's that delivers to us and that's my favorite thing. Mmmm. Pizza. And that amazing garlic butter sauce that comes with PJ's pizzas. We call it the "tub of lard" and it's delicious.

(As you mentioned on Twitter, R, I also pink puffy heart the Lindor dark chocolate truffle balls. SO GOOD.)

Ginger said...

I know Domino's delivers to us, along with some local, non-chain places. We are in a weird nexus for Papa John's--they deliver one block in all directions of us, but not to our street. :-/
If we're talking pizza, we're easy--pepperoni, mushroom, maybe black olive, maybe ham. We like thin & regular crust--nothing stuffed though. Bleh. The kid likes plain cheese or pepperoni. We all love breadsticks, bread knots, bread bites. Mmmmm, bread.
Desserts: eh, I'll take chocolate if it's around, but it's not my fav, although the occasional brownie is a winner. Same w/chocolate chip cookies. I prefer sugar cookies, tbh, (or straight up sugary candy) but sometimes you just need sugar whatever the form. TBH, I wouldn't turn down most desserts though (maybe excluding stuff with dark chocolate).
I wish more places delivered--anything mexican (tacos, enchiladas, carnitas, yum), or sushi (spicy tuna rolls, yakisoba, mmmm), or heck, even sandwiches--it makes me miss living in New York where we could get anything delivered at any time.

Austin said...

I love pineapple on my pizza. My family usually like pepperoni or anything meat. Breadsticks, Parmesan bites, etc., are all a yes. Garlic butter sauce. Spicy buffalo or Parmesan garlic wings with ranch (most of our pizza places offer wings, too). Dessert of any kind delivered is a dream come true. The cookie brownies and lava cakes from Domino's are AMAZING. We really only have pizza that delivers to us, booooo. The day that we are able to have Thai or Indian delivered is probably the day my bank account implodes.

Christy said...

Oh, man. Now that we've moved into the city, we can get SO much delivered. Just about all pizza chains and Jimmy Johns deliver here, but there's also Chinese and Jason's Deli. We have a service called EatStreet that lets you order online for takeout and/or delivery that has mexican (Chuy's anyone?) Indian, Mediterranean, Peruvian chicken (my favorite) and even Gigi's cupcakes.

Now I'm hungry, even though I just ate (a salad).

Kate said...

I really like Domino's Pan Pizza or Papa John's thin crust, with sausage, mushrooms and black olives. Alllll the pizza desserts are good, but Papa John's brownies & Domino's lava cakes are my favorite. My JJ's order is fussy -- a bootlegger's club, but on French bread, with light mayo, no onion, add cucumber, oregano & vinaigrette.

We also have Garlic Jim's, which delivers pizza & cookies, but I think they're mostly in California and the CO location near us is a weird far-flung franchise.

Bethany said...

Pizza is SUCH a treat that getting one would be magnificent! My favorite topping is sausage, but the real trick is that I love extra, extra sauce on any pizza. Like so much sauce it's messy! Also, Chinese would be great - anything with noodles, but no mushrooms. (And extra sauce there too.)