Thursday, April 18, 2013

Example of a Crappy Day Package #18 (Edited)

EDITED TO ADD: I KNEW I was forgetting something! The red "Yum!" package, shown below, contained a package of GHIRARDELLI DARK CHOCOLATE & SEA SALT W/CARAMEL SQUARES! I must have eaten them before I had a chance to take a picture Somehow, I didn't get a picture of that. But I was SO EXCITED when I opened it because I had heard a few people mention chocolate and sea salt with caramel and I had wanted to try it!

The day I opened that present: I had to go pick up yet ANOTHER package at the post office (someone should really invent some sort of service that delivers packages TO YOUR HOUSE....wait...) and then the package did not contain the oil I was waiting for that I was hoping would help my arm stop hurting. To stop the downward spiral of despair, I decided I would stop for my favorite pork fried rice (conveniently, the fried rice place is right next to the post office!), but when I checked my wallet, I didn't have enough cash. Baby hadn't taken a nap that day and was GRUMPY, I received a load of the "look how perfect our family is!" Christmas cards, and it was day 29 of my cycle, which is always enough to make me quake with fright. It was the PERFECT day for Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate & Sea Salt With Caramel, is what I'm saying.
*******

Well. This has been a Crappy Week for TOO MANY people =(. I think it's the perfect time to be reminded that there are still good, kind, thoughtful people in the world!
*******

A Lovely, Lovely Person* sent this CDPackage to me and was worried that I would think less of it because of the non-froofy wrapping. She need not have worried!

Helpful labels on the presents

If I display the mug prominently enough, do you think the children will catch on?
(Spoiler: it has been displayed prominently for some time now and the children haven't caught on.)

I had JUST been thinking that I would really like to get some towels for the kids' bathroom that I could crochet something on the top of to attach the towel to the towel rack so I stop finding them on the floor! These are PERFECT because that bathroom has red towels!
Soothing, lavender body wash
Lip stuff!

REAL MAPLE SYRUP!! I never knew, but it is SO DELICIOUS!
Usually I make my pancakes from scratch, but when I used this mix the ingrates children RAVED about how FLUFFY and DELICIOUS the pancakes were!
I hide flax meal in my baking, so this was also a welcome gift =)!

Mmmmmmmmmm. The ice cream toppings were especially amazing! It was a close contest, but I liked the fudge topping the best.

This was a fun one!

It was really cool to see that the corn popped right on the cob!

The popcorn was crispy and delicious!

The children are always using my skewers for one thing or another; now I am re-stocked!
I used the BBQ sauce to marinate and cook some chicken; it was delicious =)!
 
Food-related projects for the children
They IMMEDIATELY grabbed the recipe magazine and started plotting which delicious things they wanted to make.
Thank you, Lovely Person! The presents and resourceful wrapping job were much enjoyed =)!
*******
*I will be keeping Crappy Day Present senders anonymous so that the sender doesn't have to worry that Person Q is going to see what they (the sender) sent me and possibly feel bad that their (Person Q's) package was not as fabulous as mine ;-). But if you don't worry as much as I do aren't worried about that, you are welcome to claim your package in the comments!

4 comments:

twisterfish said...

Everything in that package looks wonderful, but I think I NEED that mug!

Emily said...

What a fun, different package! Maybe you should get the mug's saying on a t-shirt so it's more noticeable. Children are the best at picking up on subtlety.

Heather said...

I'm coming over for breakfast, and apparently dessert!

Kenner said...

What a great example of a non-traditional CDP! I don't think I'd be great at picking out cute stationary or towels, but picking out fun food items would be a blast! (And that popcorn thing looks like so much fun!)