Sunday, July 1, 2012

Crappy Day Pack@ge Exch@nge 2012, #3

Do you want to sign up for a Crappy Day Present Exch@nge? You have come to the right place! Wahoo! Registration is now OPEN!!

Items of note:
  • Remember to go to the registry post and leave your answers in the comments (or email your answers to me, if you'd prefer). If you have previously left a comment answering the registry questions and your answers have changed, leave a new comment, and delete your old comment, or email me, and I will delete your old comment.
  • In order to help your person get to know you even better, either google "getting to know you questions" or go to one of these sites (which I found when I googled), copy the questions, and put your answers either in a blog post (or two or three...), or email the questions and answers to me, and I will forward them on to your person.
  • If you want to SEND a box (either to someone specific or someone random) anonymously (er, anonymously to THEM; *I* will still need some information from you to make sure that you are somebody *I* would be comfortable giving *my* personal information to if situations were reversed!) and not RECEIVE a box, email me, and I will be able to arrange that for you.
  • For the price range issue, we will continue to take the advice of a very wise Swistle who once said:
    • "As for price range, I think it's "whatever is still fun." If you start getting stressed about the cost, that = not fun. I think a prize (or, in this case, Crappy Day Package) can be something you go out and buy, or it can be half a batch of cookies, a couple of used paperbacks, and a bottle of moisturizer that wasn't right for you. (In fact, I think sometime later we should do a "Redistributing Clutter" Pay it Forward, where we all get rid of some of the stuff in our houses that we don't want but it's too good/expensive to throw away.)"
  • If you live in Canada or the UK and want to participate but are worried about postage, email me anyway; if there are others from your country/area who want to participate, I will match you up.
  • If you do a blog post about the box you receive, send me a link, and I'll add it to the Other Examples of CDP post.
  • If you want to be anonymous if your recipient does a blog post about the package, let the recipient of your box know that!
*******
If you would still like to participate after reading all of this, email me, by July 15th at: stilldoingmybest (at) gmail (dot) com.
  • In your email, copy, paste, and answer these questions (please do this again even if you've signed up before because it makes it easier for me to keep track of the information if I get a new email from everyone):
    • If this is your first time signing up, how did you find out about this exchange?
    • What is your internet name, (real) name and address? (This information will only be used for CDP purposes!)
    • If you have social media accounts (blog, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, etc...), would you give me the pertinent information so I can pass it on to your person? (These can be a good source of inspiration for presents!)
    • Is there anything important about you that I should tell the person who gets your name? (Life-threatening allergies, need for anonymity, etc...)
    • Is there anyone you WANT to send a package to? (List people in order of preference, and I will see what I can do!)
    • Is there anyone you DON'T want to send a package to? (For example, perhaps you've already sent a certain person a CDP and want somebody new to stalk get to know?)
    • Do you want to be assigned...
      • A person you already know? (I tend to guess about who knows who based on blog and Twitter comments, but feel free to enlighten me if you do have a preference =)!)
      • Someone you don't know?
      • No preference?
    • Do you want me to assign your name to...
      • Someone you already know?
      • Someone you don't know?
      • No preference?
    • Is there anyone who has joined the registry that you do NOT want to have your address?
    • Are you willing to send a package to Canada or the United Kingdom (It appears to cost around $45 to send a flat-rate package to either of these places, unless you can keep your package under 4 pounds, and then it's more in the $20 (Canada)-$30 (UK) range.)?
  • If you have any questions for your person, and you are aiming for the element of surprise and don't want to email your person directly, email me your question(s) and the name of your person, and I will take care of that for you =).
I will email you as soon as I can after July 15th with the information for your person.
Please send your package no later than August 15th.
*******
I think that's everything important, but let me know if you still have questions that I haven't answered and I will edit this post with your questions and the answers!!

8 comments:

-R- said...

I'm going to do it again this time. I'll send you an e-mail.

Emily said...

Yay, CDPE time!

twisterfish said...

This makes me so happy.

Doing My Best said...

twisterfish--Me too =)! I'm so excited that so many people participate each time: so much happiness going out into the mean world!

Elise said...

I've wanted to join this for a while, but I missed it this time. Do you happen to know when you'll do it again? I think it's an EXCELLENT idea. Thanks for being so awesome! ;)

Doing My Best said...

Elise-I was thinking of opening registration again on October 1st, so that packages are going out on November 15th, before the craziness of the holidays descends upon us, and then open registration again in the beginning of January, to save us from the after-holiday blues =). But I can certainly ask if anyone would like to do one that starts in September too =). As long as there are at least 3 or 4 people, I am happy to coordinate everything!

Elise said...

Thanks! I think that works out fine. This is SO awesome!

San said...

Uh oh, I missed the registration deadline again! I'll be on the lookout for October so I won't be late again this time! :)