Items of note:
- Spread the word! If you know someone who would want to participate but isn't on the registry yet, let them know what's happening!
- Remember to go to the registry post and leave your answers in the comments (or email your answers to me, if you'd prefer). If you have previously left a comment answering the registry questions and your answers have changed, leave a new comment, and delete your old comment, or email me, and I will delete your old comment.
- In order to help your person get to know you even better, either google "getting to know you questions" or go to one of these sites (which I found when I googled), copy the questions, and put your answers either in a blog post (or two or three...) or email the questions and answers to me, and I will forward them on to your person.
- The weather is still cool, so do not be afraid to send
chocolatethings that might normally melt.
- If you want to SEND a box (either to someone specific or someone random) anonymously (er, anonymously to THEM; *I* will still need some information from you to make sure that you are somebody *I* would be comfortable giving *my* personal information to if situations were reversed!) and not RECEIVE a box, email me and I will see what I can do for that.
- For the price range issue, we will continue to take the advice of a very wise Swistle who once said:
- "As for price range, I think it's "whatever is still fun." If you start getting stressed about the cost, that = not fun. I think a prize can be something you go out and buy, or it can be half a batch of cookies, a couple of used paperbacks, and a bottle of moisturizer that wasn't right for you. (In fact, I think sometime later we should do a "Redistributing Clutter" Pay it Forward, where we all get rid of some of the stuff in our houses that we don't want but it's too good/expensive to throw away.)"
- If you live in Canada or the UK and want to participate but are worried about postage, email me anyway; if there are others from your country/area who want to participate, I will match you up.
- If you do a blog post about the box you receive, send me a link and I'll add it to the Other Examples of CDP post.
- It is up to each sender whether or not you want to be as anonymous as you can be to your recipient; if you only want to be anonymous if your recipient does a blog post about the package, let your person know!
If you would still like to participate after reading all of this, email me, by January 16th at: stilldoingmybest (at) gmail (dot) com.
- In your email answer these questions:
- What is your internet name, (real) name and address? (This information will only be used for CDP purposes!)
- If you have social media accounts (blog, Twitter, Facebook, etc...), would you like to give me the pertinent information so I can pass it on to your person? (These can be a good source of inspiration for presents!)
- Is there anyone you WANT to send a package to? (List people in order of preference, and I will see what I can do!)
- Is there anyone you DON'T want to send a package to?
- Is there anyone who has joined the registry that you do NOT want to have your address?
- Are you willing to send a package to Canada or the United Kingdom?
- If you have any questions for your person, and you are aiming for the element of surprise and don't want to email them directly, email me your question and the name of your person, and I will take care of that for you =).
I realized that I forgot to say: I will email you as soon as I can after January 16th with the information for your person. Please send your package no later than February 20th. =)