Saturday, July 23, 2011

Give it to me straight---Baby's hair

It is really hard for me to believe that, in a few short minutes months, Baby has gone from this:
To this:

And this:

I'm pretty sure he has more hair than Marie had at this age.
But this:

The beautiful, golden curls!!
...is what is causing me the biggest problem!  I already know from sad, sad experience that as soon as I give him his first real haircut, he is going to look SO BIG let's just disregard his 18-24 month clothes and size 5-6 feet!  But those curls!  How can I get rid of those curls?! 

I am still SO SAD that he is the last baby even after the harrowing walk down memory lane with the posts this past week, and this is how I can tell that this last pregnancy, with all its misery, caused SERIOUS brain damage, but I don't want to keep him from growing up, and I don't want to make him feel bad (someday, when he notices things) for growing up. 

Sigh.

So, give it to me straight, for the well-being of the child;  do I need to just buck up and give him a haircut already?

I don't look like a walking tornado who can wreak havoc faster than my Mom can clean it up, do I?

9 comments:

Superjules said...

Nah, you've got time!

Swistle said...

It looks to me like you still have plenty of time to leave it be!

Marie Green said...

Nope, it's not nearly too long, and he's adorable! AND long boy-hair is "in", so you've got that going for you as it grows!

Snoopyfan said...

No!! It's perfect the way it is right now.

Emily said...

No! Don't get rid of those adorable curls! His hair doesn't look raggedy enough that it NEEDS to be cut...he'll be ok for a while longer.

Also, are we ever going to learn Baby's name?

Doing My Best said...

Thank you, ladies!! I won't worry about it just yet then; I'll just keep enjoying the golden curls =).

Emily--Baby's blog name is coming up in the next "Then" post; I just had to take a break from visiting the past because the posts about that pregnancy WORE ME OUT, and it was still a struggle (although not NEARLY as bad as during the pregnancy) for the first several months of his babyhood. I'll try to get right on that though, since you're waiting =).

Erica said...

Those curls are gorgeous! I just had to cut my 14 month old Sam's hair. I was really bad at trimming it and ended up having to buzz it. I'm not going to lie, I was really broken up about it. But, it was in his eyes and he's rub it away several hundred times a day, so it was time. But damn if I don't miss those curls.

Doing My Best said...

Erica--It has occurred to me that I can just trim it a little when it starts to get in his eyes, but I know from sad experience that if I'm not SUPER CAREFUL he's going to look like a little boy instead of MAH BABY!!! I'd really like to cut one of the curls so I can keep it, but I don't think I can get him to hold still long enough for something that would take such precision!

Joanne said...

I am the mother of a long haired hippy boy so I say keep it. The only reason I'd worry is if it was getting in his eyes and it's totally not. I vote keep it!