Friday, July 1, 2011

Blah

The past few days I can feel the "blah" creeping over me.  I don't want to do ANYTHING. 

Occasionally, I will be in an excited-to-get-things-done mood, and I try to take full advantage of that rare blessing when it comes! 

Often, I don't want to fight the hopeless unending battles against laundry and messes and children's behavior and cooking dinner, but I make myself do it anyway, usually by thinking of something for myself to look forward to at the end of the day:  a special treat or doing something I enjoy. 

But, the past few days, I don't really want anything.  Don't want a treat, don't want to read, don't want to start a fun, new project (weeeeeeelllll, I might be easily persuaded to start a couple of fun projects, but I need input from others before I can start those...), don't want to cook dinner (not in the mood to eat anything anyway), DON'T WANT TO DEEP CLEAN MARIE AND JOSEPH'S ROOM (but it will drive me EVEN MORE CRAZY only get worse if I don't), don't want to go shopping even though I need a couple things and it would be a chance to get out of the house by myself (can't remember what I needed to get anyway)...

I should be all Peppy! and Happy! and Enthusiastic! because Husband is home for the weekend, so he can spend some quality time with the kids, and I can try to do the things I need to do without someone hanging on my leg screaming demanding  to be picked up, or that same someone getting in between me and the kitchen counter and trying to push me away from it while he's screaming voicing his displeasure with my choice of (necessary) activities.

I miss my friends who are busy or too far away to visit. 

I'm tired. 

It seems like there is always AT LEAST one child unhappy or complaining about something at any given moment (and if I'm REALLY lucky, it's two or three at a time).

It's hot.

I'm trying not to feel bad about myself and failing.

There are always hundreds of messes scattered throughout the house, no matter how hard I try to keep up with them.   I LOVE Swistle's In the Bucket way of thinking (so much that I ordered the magnets from Zazzle =)!).....but what do you do when there are (insert your spouse and/or number of children  here) holes in your bucket, so the drops are leaking out faster than you can put them in?  There must be some way to still make this bucket analogy work, but I just can't figure out what it is!

I think the only thing I really want to do is sleep until the "blah" is no longer smothering the life out of me.  But what are the chances I will wake up and feel better tomorrow?  I hope this passes soon;  I hate feeling like this, and I have things to do.

3 comments:

Swistle said...

I too have struggled to apply the bucket analogy when others are using dippers to dip out huge dipperfulls for every drop I put in. Sigh.

Sometimes I think of it as different buckets. That is, I am continuing to put drops into my Bucket of Righteous Works, even if they are pouring water into their Buckets of Slovenliness.

Doing My Best said...

Swistle--Oh, thank you! That will work! I will switch my thinking from "the communal bucket" to "MY bucket and THEIR buckets".

josefinalouise said...

I'm sorry you're feeling blah. I feel you. I hope it passes quickly.

I'd love to see what you're thinking of, project-wise.