Tuesday, June 14, 2011

It's Going To Be a Day

Despite going to bed at 10:30 last night, I didn't fall asleep until midnight or so.  I was awake when Husband got up at 4am (he has now started his new leave-the-house-at-4:30am-and-return-home-at-7pm job), but I went back to sleep after I kissed him goodbye. 

Baby, 16 months old, despite not going to sleep until 9:00 last night, woke up at 5:30 this morning.  WHAT HAPPENED TO BABIES NEEDING LOTS OF SLEEP?!  Normally, although frustrating, this wouldn't be a big deal because I could put him down for a nap at 8:30am.  But today, I have to leave at 8:45am to drop my kids off at my friend's house so that I can drive an hour and a half, if traffic is good, to a doctor's appointment. 

(Ask me why I have to drive an hour and a half to a doctor's appointment.....OK!  I'll tell you!  Because when I showed up for the same appointment last week, they informed me that someone in their office hadn't DONE THEIR JOB, so they hadn't heard from my insurance and couldn't do what they were supposed to do at that appointment, and I was going to have to re-schedule.  They had tried to call and tell me this, but I was out of town and didn't get their calls.  ALSO, when I returned home and looked through the pile of mail Husband had left for me, I found the correct paper from the insurance dated MAY 27th!!!)

(Ask me what last week's appointment was for.....OK!  I'll tell you!  Because at a previous appointment, the doctor had noticed a lump (nodule? something swollen that wasn't supposed to be) on my throat and was supposed to do an ultrasound of my neck to check it out.  (May I just mention here that I will forever be bitter about ultrasounds that do not involve A BABY IN MY UTERUS!)  Although he said that, depending on the results of the ultrasound, he may need to BIOPSY the lump on my throat, he was content to let me re-schedule my appointment for NINE WEEKS FROM NOW.  Since the word "BIOPSY" was mentioned, I thought it wise to re-schedule a little sooner.

So, I got up, found one of the 5 binkies Baby had thrown out of his bed, gave him a drink and the binky, rocked him, told him it was still night-night, and put him back in bed.  I tried to lay back down for another hour or so, but at 6:15 he was letting me know that he was still awake. 

QUICK, SOMEONE SEND CHOCOLATE!!!!

Edited to add:  ARGH!  SOMEONE forgot to put the garbage can out, so we missed the garbage truck.  NOT a good thing with a family of SEVEN!

No comments: