Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Finding my groove with 3 children

With a 5 year old, 2 1/2 year old, and newborn, I'm certain I would have lost what little sanity I had left MUCH MORE QUICKLY gone under, if it hadn't been for an ANGEL ON EARTH a wonderful woman about my age that I had met at church who made it a habit of befriending the mothers of young children and then coming by their houses once a week to spend the morning or afternoon playing with their children.  (She hadn't been able to have children yet, so this is what she was doing with her time;  I can only HOPE I would have done the same thing in her position.)  This SAVED me!  I was able to schedule any appointments I might have, and plan to do the shopping and other errands on the day that she was coming.  It was HEAVEN!  I got a little break, and I was able to get some things done that were much harder to do with 3 little ones!
Cute baby girl crocheting!!  (completed during a boy pregnancy, of course)

When Marie was not quite two months old I wrote:  "Last night I was too tired to put my pajamas on, so I slept in my clothes, the baby woke up 3 times to eat, the boys slept until 8:30AM...but (Marie) woke up at 7:30AM...I am still wearing the same clothes, and I haven't bathed in 3 days."  Glorious motherhood!

More cute girl crocheting!
Ian was a summer birthday (point being:  boys mature slower than girls, and summer birthday boys are famous for having trouble in school), and it was OBVIOUS that he was not ready for Kindergarten;  he would have been fine academically, but he was not going to be able to hold still that long and his maturity wasn't where it needed to be.  Thankfully, his preschool program went from 3-5 years of age, so he was able to to one more year.  David missed him when he went to school but was happy to love on the new baby while Ian was gone.
The baby toesies!!



Stories of note:
*David went through a n@ked phase:  I would change his diaper in the morning and ask what he would like to wear, and he would say, "I be n@ked."

David is a happy boy!
*Since Marie had come home, Ian had been very interested in watching her while she was nursing, and we'd had discussions about the special milk my body made for her.  I knew it was coming, and, sure enough, one day Ian looked at me with a mischievous look on his face and asked if he could drink some of the baby's milk.  (Um, NO!)
*Husband was reading stories to the boys one evening, and David was climbing on his back while he was doing it.  Ian thought that was a great idea, so he started climbing on Husband also;  that didn't make David too happy so he leaned over and bit Ian right on the rear end.
*Before Ian drenched the bathroom with water and dumped a bottle of Husband's aftershave down the sink, which caused an odor so strong I thought I was going to suffocate while mopping the bathroom up, he was happily singing, "The foolish man built his house upon the sand and the toilet came tumbling down!"

The CROWN JEWEL of girl's crocheting!  (worked on during TWO boy pregnancies)

A bonnet!  A wee, precious bonnet!

2 comments:

Marie Green said...

Adorable baby girl crocheting!! What cute babies you make, cute crocheted outfits or no.

Doing My Best said...

Thank you =)!