Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Jumping In

I've thought about starting a blog before, but I just feel like I'm so behind!  A blog would have been great when my first was born, but that was almost 12 years ago...I keep thinking that I don't need ONE MORE excuse to not clean up around here THING to be behind on, but I've really enjoyed the blogs I've read.  It's interesting to get to know people, it's nice to know that I'm not the only one experiencing a certain thing, I really want to name more babies but since I'm not having anymore I'll just have to rename the ones I already have, and sometimes I even learn something helpful.  (Most helpful thing I've learned:  the all-day-long-please-kill-me-now-deathly-nausea is NOT "morning sickness", it's called "HYPEREMESIS GRAVIDARUM".  See http://www.helpher.org/.)

So, here I go!  I'm going to jump in anyway, even though I'm behind =)!  WARNING:   I seem to write with lots of smiley faces and exclamation points, but this is in no way reflective of how happy or peppy I am...I'm afraid happy and peppy got beaten down LONG AGO!  I am a mother, and my main focus at the moment (and for the past 12 years) has been raising my children, so if you aren't interested in pregnancy stories, birth stories, baby stories, and kid stories, with the occasional something else thrown in, this may not be the blog for you, and I won't feel bad if you stop reading =).  If you are interested in those things, or you, too, are another mother doing her best, I hope you enjoy reading my story and that it helps you deal with the demanding little terrorists at your house in some way!  Now, if you want to find out what happens when a young man and a young lady get married and have 5 kids, read on.....

6 comments:

lifeintinytown said...

I was- not kidding- going to suggest that you start a blog so that I could know more about you and your family... and LOOK. YOU DID start a blog! Hurray, and welcome!

Doing My Best said...

Thanks =)! This is the place to be for anyone who enjoys reading pregnancy/birth stories. I still have 4 more to go! Hopefully I'll find something to write about after that =)!

lifeofadoctorswife said...

I learned about you through Swistle - you are the founder of the Crappy Day Presents, yes? If so, best idea EVER - and I am so excited you have a blog!

Doing My Best said...

Thank you =)!

Superjules said...

Hey! YOU STARTED A BLOG! I'm taking credit. ;)

Doing My Best said...

So, it's your fault if it turns out to be a disaster, right ;-)?